Thursday, December 6, 2012

4 month check-up!

I can't believe our little boy is 4 months old! Wow does time fly. I took Zac for his 4 month check up on November 30 and Dr Phillips said everything but his weight looked great. Zac is weighing in at 11lbs 11oz, which dropped him from 8th percentile to -1% percentile:( His length and head circumference are still on the normal growth curve though). So the plan is to try to pump him with as many calories as he will take! Still only  Mom's milk though. Apparently there are more calories in breast milk than in baby food so I don't have to start adding that in yet, which I am very thankful for! The doc actually wanted me to wake Zac in the middle of the night to feed him, but I am going to try getting his extra feeds in during the day first. I just can't bring myself to go backwards when we have worked so hard to get him sleeping through the night! I have talked with several mom's with little kiddos (Es & Tasha) and with the lactation consultant at my work who all said try my idea first:) Plus we don't go back to doc till 6 months so the doc can't be that worried about his weight. Anyway, this weekend I will be feeding and weighing him for a 24 hour period to see how well he is eating, this was the suggestion of the lactation consultant.
Other than the weight issue Zac is meeting all his developmental milestones...smiling, giggling, cooing, holding his head up on his own, rolling over front to back and side to side! He loves munching on his hands and can almost get his feet into his mouth:) His latest trick is copying me making motor boat sounds. He also loves being held and often throws a little fit when he gets put down (hoping this isn't a sign of what's to come during the terrible twos!:)
Below are his most recent pictures which he wouldn't sit still for!


1 comment:

Dan said...

Very, very handsome young man! Praying for that weight gain. Love, Dad