I just found out this week that Atlanta is the #1 city in America for Human Trafficking, a $32 billion/year industry, and Atlanta is #5 in the world! I was dumbfound by the numbers...27 million people are forced into slavery today %50 are children. Its time for us to do something about this! I will continue to post on opportunities to fight this epidemic, but for now YOU can do something...RAISE AWARENESS!
SOme websites:
Notforsalecampaign.org (non-profit organization)
Slaverymap.org (Where anyone can go and report Human slavery...check out your town you might find out where it is happening near you, or go to the police station ask about any human trafficking cases that have happened recently and post it on the website...anyone can post)
SlaveLaborProject.net (My small group leader's blog)
Read the book Not For Sale by David Batstone.
RAISE MONEY:
Free to play- sports teams can donate $1 for every goal/basket/touchdown they score.
I am trying to set up donations on my unit for every delivery we have we put 10 cents in a box.
Get creative you to can contribute.
Any questions about this post a comment for me!
2 comments:
What a great idea Neema...10 cents for every delivery! Freely born to freely give! Thanks for your creativity. Let me know if this happens...I'd like to feature it as a creative practice in our network!
Best Regards,
Dave Batstone
Hey Lyd, thanks for that. I'm definitely going to be thinking of ways to raise awareness.
Post a Comment