Monday, June 30, 2008

Fountains, beaches, sunshine and sleep

Just a few of things I have experienced in the last few days:)
I am taking a break from work and enjoying the beach, while visiting a long time friend, Shelah and her husband... Gabe came too.
A short update on my living situation...The girl that had committed to living with me has decided she is not going to anymore. This is the second time that has happened so now I am back to square one again. Please pray.
A quote for the week: "But in order that life should be a story or romance to us, it is necessary that a great part of it, at any rate, should be settled for us without our permission. If we wish life to be a system, this may be a nuisance; but if we wish it to be a drama, it is an essential."
Just something to think about as we try to control our little world around us, but wish for excitement and romance...and at the same time question God when things happen that we don't understand.
"The thing which keeps life romantic and full of fiery possibilities is the existence of these great plain limitations which force all of us to meet the things we do not like or expect."
Both quotes come form the book Heretics by G. K. Chesterton.

2 comments:

lukedavid said...

I like the quotes...

Roberta Simmons said...

Lydia... I don't want to lose touch with you, dear one! So let's fix that! Just curious . . . which church in Atlanta do you go to? And . . . let me know when you're up this way . . lunch on me sometime!

Love,
Roberta

(you can email me at ryfsimmo@juno.com)