Monday, September 29, 2008

Engagement, Moving, Starting a new job...

Well probably most of you that read this blog have already heard that Gabe and I got engaged on Sept. 18th....I am a little slow at posting as you can see:)
I also moved to Greenville, SC a week ago to be near Gabe. I am living with his parent's and sharing a room with his little sister, Sophia (she is 13). She has been gracious enough to let me share her room and her bed (it is a queen so that's nice).
Probably about the beginning of August after a lot of roommate situations fell through in Atlanta I was encouraged by close friends to look into moving to Greenville. So here I am almost two months later moved:) I put in an application at Spartanburg Regional Hospital, got called the next day, interviewed two weeks later and got the job. I put in my notice at Emory and started packing up. So I start my new job Oct. 13th. I am taking a pay cut, going to night shift, moving to a new state, sharing a room and a bed, taking out a loan to pay emory back...I guess that's what love does to you:) I may be in more debt when its all said and done but I know I will be happier. And I am engaged to be married....June 6th! So save the date and send me your mailing addresses if you want to be included in this celebration of God's grace and love in Gabe and I's relationship. Gabe was my first kiss and I love it that I am marrying the only man I have kissed!
He is wonderful and did such an awesome job proposing. He suprised me at the top of Stone Mountain in Atlanta. I was hiking with a friend (Leah, she convinced me to go with her that day to hike) and when we got to the top I saw a guy that looked a lot like Gabe...I said to Leah twice "man that guy really looks like Gabe from far away", before I realised it was Gabe and that the whole thing was planned. He proposed to me there and then we went to a little secluded area in the trees where he had set up a picnic for us. It was very sweet and romantic. He even remembered my favorite cake, red velvet cake.
Anyway so we are extremely excited and now we have quite a bit of planning to do. We would appreciate your prayers on this next chapter in our relationship!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

congrats! kirk was also the only man i've kissed. it's a wonderful thing...marriage. i'll be praying for you in all the craziness of planning your wedding and adjusting to married life.

lukedavid said...

heyhey. Gabe was the only man I kissed too... ... ... ... heehee. Excited for you guys. Can't wait to see you in a couple weeks!