I am sitting in Gabe's parent's condo in Charleston, SC enjoying the peace and quiet from the city life of Atlanta. I decided to plan my work schedule to have a five day weekend of rest (a little birthday present to myself:) I pleaded with Gabe to go down to Charleston again and we got his brother Anders to come along.
It has been so nice sleeping in, reading books, swimming in the pool, watching the sunrise over the Atlantic and just being free from all the things that nag at me when I am at my house...even when I am off at home there are too many things to think about doing (pay bills, clean my room, pack, look for a place to live...that's mainly the stress of being in Atlanta).
I have started reading the book "The Sacred Romance" again. This is my third time to pick it up and it just makes sense this time. Its interesting how at different stages in your life certain books just really get to your heart. I am also doing the work book that goes along with it (Esther if you have missed it, I have it:). There is a question in there that asks you to list all the activities you normally do in a week. Including things like showering, brushing your teeth or doing devotions. Then it says put a check beside the things that you do out of duty or obligation and a plus sign by the things you do because you have a desire or passion to do them. Then see which you have more of checks or pluses. Well my list had more checks and this made me realize I need to add more things into my week that I really enjoy or desire to do. Living in this career/work/money driven culture where everything is just go, go, go doesn't let my heart express itself. I miss all the things that God puts in my path to give me joy or show me that he loves me...his love encompasses romance, adventure, intimacy and so much more. And those sunrises or beautiful spring mornings that tug at my heart were made by God just for me.
Make your list see what happens...try to do something you really truly enjoy this week! For me it was going to watch the sunrise this morning.
No comments:
Post a Comment